This issue brings you a round-up from our UK Conference in Manchester last month with articles fr
The London HPMA Academy has created an HR Competency Framework, which is a simple, easy-to-use tool that sets out the core competencies expected of all HR professionals working in the NHS and the wider UK healthcare sector.
The London Academy team would like to share the tool with other HPMA members (and branches), in return for feedback and suggestions for improvements to help them refine it further.
The framework is deliberately generic and can be tailored by any member organisation and used by all HR professionals. It is anticipated that it could be used as follows:
• As a reference for HR professionals and for their employers to help them focus on developing core HR competencies
• To help HR professionals identify core HR competencies that they excel in, lack or wish to develop further
• To help employers of HR professionals define learning needs analysis for teams of HR professionals
• To encourage HR professionals and employers of HR professionals to improve and develop their core competencies
For HPMA branches:
• For use when designing learning events, to link content to core competencies
• To establish learning needs from branch members
• To form the basis of your branch talent management plan
Feedback need only be a call or short email, but it is vital that users commit to doing this for the benefit of the project. The team plan to launch a refined ‘version 1’ in time for the next round of appraisals in early 2016.
If you would like to be involved, please email London Academy Development Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.