Join us at #NHRSummit18 for a collaborative, cross sector working experience.
Members from the HPMA branches across South West, South Central and Wales are welcome to join this 3 hour workshop with with the award winning team from Epsom & St Helier NHS Trust, as they share the techniques and learning from their Patient First programme.
The award winning patient experience team from Epsom & St Helier NHS Trust share the techniques and learning from their highly adaptable Patient First programme.
Venue: Bevan Brittan, Bristol
How do you engage 5000 staff in improving the patient experience?
Learn about Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust’s award winning* innovative approach to staff engagement, by experiencing it for yourself.
Understand the challenges faced by the organisation and how P&OD successfully promoted this innovative approach, and implemented it throughout the organisation from Board to Ward.
*Patient First won the national HPMA Award for improving the patient experience in June 2015 and was short-listed for the HSJ’s national Compassionate Care Award in November 2015.
1. As a participant you will experience for yourself how you can engage staff in a way that is
- Leverages their insight and knowledge
- Stimulates discussion across teams and functions
with a common objective to improve the patient experience
2. Learn how Departments of People & Organisation Development can use this approach across large organisations, used to working in silos, to make a real difference for patients and staff.
1. Experience this innovative approach, which has been applied to a range of business issues requiring staff engagement e.g improving the patient experience, health & safety, and engaging staff in business vision and strategy
2. Learn how ESTH addressed the challenges it faced, the impact of Patient First on patients and staff and the creation of a “social movement,”
3. Next steps for the programme
- Kevin Croft, Director of People & OD, Epsom & St Helier Hospitals NHS Trust
- Cherry McCormack, previously Non Executive Director, Epsom & St Helier Hospitals NHS Trust; Director of BeBop Consulting Limited and Co-creator of Patient First
- Kevin McCormack, Director of BeBop Consulting Limited and Co-creator of Patient First
The session will address the following HR competencies:
- Strategic operator
- Change catalyst
- Capability builder
- Relationship builder