New branch pages:
- Find out more about the HPMA West Midlands Mentor Scheme
- Branch resources eg from past events. Launched with a reference document from the Q&A launch event
If you would like to get more involved with the branch, please contact David Holmes firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting away with it? Harassment in the NHS
Joint workshop event HPMA West Midlands and Weightmans
Date: Tuesday 30 January 2018
Time: 9.30am - 12noon
Venue: Weightmans Birmingham Office, St Philips Point, 47 Cannon St, Birmingham B2 5AF
Showcasing 2017 HPMA Awards Finalists
Date: Wed 20 Sept 2017
Venue: Birmingham Library
HPMA and HFMA Joint Event: Future Workforce
Date: Friday 6 October
Venue: KPMG 1 Snow Hill Queensway, Birmingham B4 6GH
Click here to view programme flyer
An Employment Law Update delivered in an interactive Strictly HR format
Thursday 4 M a y 2 0 1 7
Maple House, Birmingham
- Atypical Worker
- Complex Grievances and Disciplinaries
- Flexing National Terms and Conditions
Mediation in the workplace
Date: Wednesday 27 July 2016
Time: 9:00 am Registration and coffee, 9:30 am – 13:00 pm Workshop
Venue: Capsticks, 35 Newhall Street, Birmingham B3 3PU
Mark Smithers and Deborah Odea from Problem Resolution, along with Jacqui Atkinson from Capsticks are holding an interactive event on Mediation in the workplace.
The event is aimed at HR managers and senior HR managers.
The event will look at the following areas, allowing time for delegates to ask questions and make observations.
The Mediation session includes the following topics:
• The spectrum of mediation; difference between mediation and formal Trust employment mechanisms
• What kind of issues would benefit from mediation? Surprisingly many!
• When does internal mediation work well
• When should you call in an external mediator
• Outline of the PRL mediation process
• An explanation of some tools that help attain a breakthrough with mediation
• The economics of workplace disputes
Maximum 3 delegates per trust
To register for this event please contact email@example.com
Change Management Masterclass
Date: Wednesday 2 March
Time: 09.00 - 12.30 (09.00 - 09.30 - Registration and coffee)
Venue: The Library of Birmingham, Centenary Square, Broad Street, B1 2ND
Can you be a HR Millionaire? & Key HR Updates for 2016
Date: Monday 18 April 2016
Time: 9.15am – 3.45pm
HPMA East Midlands, East of England and West Midlands joint Patient First event
The award winning patient experience team from Epsom & St Helier NHS Trust share the techniques and learning from their highly adaptable Patient First programme.
Date: 9 February 2015, 1 - 4pm, this workshop follows the HRD network meeting.
HPMA West Midlands: Insight into HR in the military
Monday 30 Nov 2015
Venue: HMS Forward, 42 Tilton Road, Birmingham B9 4PP
This event aimed at HR professionals working at any level, from band 6 upwards, gave an insight into HR practices in a different sector and included speakers from each of the Tri-services. It was planned with input from NHS Employers and representatives from the Army, Air Force and Navy.
· Defence and current strategic operating space - Colonel Katherine M Richardson: Commanding Officer - Royal Centre for Defence Medicine
· NHS Employers and Reservist Employment - Gemma Wright: NHS Employers Reservist Programme lead
· Reservist recruitment regional updates : Army: Lieutenant Colonel Richard Jones / RAF: Squadron Leader Carrie-Anne Rossi / Navy: Lieutenant Commander Robert Jaffier
· Defence Relationship Management - Siamha Butt: Regional Employer Engagement Director
· People / workforce management - Lieutenant Colonel Chris Gibson
· Values and ethos / Leadership development - Brigadier Simon Bell
· Change management - Brigadier Simon Bell
· The Recruitment Cycle led by Brigadier Peter Gilbert
· Welfare, health and wellbeing led by Surgeon Captain John Sharpley, Royal Navy
HPMA West Midlands event: You know OD works – now prove it!
Date: Tuesday 10 November 2015
Click here for full details
Showcasing best practice
Venue: Hotel du Vin, Birmingham
The Five Year Forward View - Learning from the past, looking to the future
Date: 22 April
Time: 09.30 - 12.30
Venue: Capsticks, 35 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 3PU
Date: 20 March
Time: 09:15 - 16:00
Venue: Birmingham City Football Ground, St Andrews Ground, Birmingham, B9 4RL
Could OD help support you make the changes you need to make in 2015?
Date: 16 January 2015
Time: 9.30 - 13.30
Venue: Bevan Brittan, Interchange Place, Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2TA
Kills Workout: Four 90 Minute Interactive Modules
Date: 27 November 2014
Time: 09.00 - 17.00
Venue: Mills & Reeve LLP, 78 - 84 Colmore Row, Birmingham, BM3 2AB
Click here to view more more past events.