The London branch of the HPMA runs the London Healthcare People Management Academy to support the development of HR/OD/workforce practitioners in the NHS in London and the South East. We run an events programme of around 90 different learning events each year.
Our vision is to improve health through people.
- Professional network: sharing experience, challenges and successes
- Continuous development: building competence, confidence and credibility
- People and HR excellence: great people management leading to improved patient outcomes
Our objectives are:
- To provide the best possible development opportunities to enhance the competence and capabilities of workforce colleagues across member organisations
- Stay abreast of current thinking in people management to ensure development delivered is continually stretching our members.
- Provide networking opportunities across member organisations to enable the sharing of best practice in people management; increase collaboration across organisations; consolidate knowledge and accelerate learning
- Maintain current membership and attract new members in a sustainable way
- Work closely with our partners including member organisations, development providers, sponsors, CIPD, HFMA, local authority, the Leadership Academy, HEE etc
- To utilise our resources in the most cost effective way, continuing to deliver low cost high quality development and attract additional central funding where possible.