Entries will be initially assessed on the basis of online submissions alone. Therefore failure to address a submission question or stated category criteria will have a negative impact on your score at this short listing stage of the competition.
The judges (selected members of HPMA council, branches, representatives from the UK Health Departments, industry specialists and category sponsors) do not review any entry with which they have a conflict of interest, any personal or professional affiliation.
Each entry is evaluated and scored by multiple reviewers. Entries which fair the best through this process are included on category shortlists.
Closing date for entries 5.30pm Tuesday 28 Feb 2017
All entrants must be available to at a judging day (Friday 5 May 2017) as shortlisted projects will be asked to present their project entries in greater detail (DAC Beachcroft offices, Fetter Lane, central London).
Usually three shortlisted teams in each category are invited to present their project entry (up to 15 minutes) and answer additional questioning from our judging panels (a further 15 minutes). The judges further evaluate the shortlisted entries based on the original criteria and identify the winning project entry. In the event of a tie, the panel Chairperson casts the tie-breaking vote.
Category winners are then evaluated for the accolade 'Overall Winner'
Rules and guidelines:
- Entries must be submitted online
- Project submissions may be submitted into only one award category (although you can enter as often as you like with different projects)
- The judges reserve the right to re-allocate an entry to a different category, if appropriate.
- Entries will be initially assessed against the judging criteria set out
- Failure to address a submission question will have a negative impact on your score at the shortlisting stage of the competition.
- All entrants must be available to attend judging day in April (date tbc) as shortlisted projects will be asked to present their project in greater detail.
- Winning submissions will be published in a variety of media.
- There will be no feedback on entries that are not shortlisted.
- The judges’ decision is final.